A professional translation agency is not a business in which several people with knowledge of other languages translate texts together. It is much more than that. In a trustworthy agency, professionals have to pass a selection process to demonstrate not only that they translate well, but also that they accurately handle the material in which they are specialized.
At a high-level translation agency, the team of professionals who are there to serve must be made up of the following attributes:
– Expert knowledge in the relevant field of specialization and awareness of changes in the specific language. Translators from a reliable agency, all of whom are native-speaking in their target language, are constantly watching for the most recent developments in their field of specialization and mindful of variations in the expressions, turns of phrase, and changes in the languages in which they work. Languages evolve constantly. Limiting one’s self to translation using knowledge acquired years ago can be the cause of errors in the translated text.
– Experts in journalism. A professional translation agency hires journalism professionals who can advise on everything related to press releases, reports, or other documents. They are able to say whether a headline or treatment in another language should be changed or maintained as a literal translation.
– Experts in technology. Translation agencies that are leaders in their field rely on experts in SEM, SEO, and keywords, who know how to obtain privileged locations in search engines. They can recommend the most successful words in other languages and are very helpful in the preparation and follow-up of AdWord campaigns and social networks.
– Experts in finance. The service provided by the most trustworthy translation agencies is guaranteed to be provided by professionals specialized in the world of finance. They will diligently translate any press release, report, or financial analysis document.
– Experts in law. Translators specialized in law from the best translation agencies are authorized to translate legal documents for multinationals, businesses, and law firms. Some are even authorized to exercise the rights of their home country.
– Technical experts. Technical translators offer extensive experience in areas as diverse as medicine, IT, engineering, biology, and automobiles. This allows them to resolve any problem in terms of terminology and understand the context of a certain expression.
Photo Credit: pinterest.com